Still, you never hear somebody tell a heroine-addict to just lay off it.
I've never touched a drug besides cigarettes, alcohol and that one time at 13 when I wrapped as chewing gum around a fag and smoked it (which landed me a one-minute high).
Other than that I've never even craved it, in the back of my mind I've known that I'd probably like it too much.
At the same time all the contact I've ever had with drugs have been bad:
- I dated a guy who suffered server psychological damages from drug-use (among other things). He was completely messed up and someday he couldn’t leave his home. Sometimes I was scared to be around him.
- I dated another guy who did drugs. I remember how he called me - being really sexually offensive and I went "ehh... what?" later he told me that it was a due to him taking coke. I really didn't know how to react. Should I just dump him straight of just cause he did drugs?
- I've been with friends while they've been smoking marijuana and seen them get bad kicks when I didn't know what to do.
- I also dated another guy who told me that he was a fairly well adjusted former-addict. He told me the heart-gripping story about how he gave up the shit when he arrived to the place that he shared with a couple of friends and found his childhood friend dead from OD-ing.
- One of my classmates got killed. He had been an addict for many years and the reason was money he owed for drugs.
- My friends brother is an addict and he steels from his own family and is completely untrustworthy. I've seen the disappointment and hurt he's cost my friend.