At www.bestsongever.com you can vote for your favourite songs. You can also see which rank your favourite song has and which songs currently hold the lead.
There’s no surprises here. Bohemian Rhapsody is still the best song ever. (The world may tumble and turn but Queen will remain on top). Not that it upsets me. Bohemian Rhapsody is a good, yes, even a great song.
Inspired by all the lists of yesterday and by music in general I thought I’d conduct my own survey on the subject.
In short; Ten songs and since Valentines day is just around the corner I’d thought we’d stick to the subject of Löve.
Vote on your favourite. By February 10th I’ll present the complete list as voted by you.
The nominated songs are:
- Time after time – Cyndi Lauper
- You’re All I Need To Get By – Aretha Franklin (link sung by Gladys Knight)
- The way you look tonight – Tony Bennett
- Alone – Heart
- Your Song – Elton John
- I Think I Love You - David Cassidy
- Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye
- Sweet Child O Mine – Guns N’ Roses
- First Time – Robin Beck
- Father Figure – George Michael
- Too Lost In You – Sugababes
- I Wish U Heaven - Prince
- In The Deep - Bird York
- Loosing My Religion - Tori Amos
If there’s a great love song you miss among the contestants drop me a line and I just might add it. But please know that I’ve tried to only nominate love songs which celebrate love, not about someone’s lack thereof.