Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Benrik diaries - Muslimism and other hedon-thingy-things

I can be practical when I really, really want to.

So I've decided to be practical about trying out the major religions. Hence I'm Muslim today and Pagan on Friday.... just 'cause we celebrate midsummer here - a hedon slash Swedish tradition. We'll eat raw fish, dance around a huge (a Phallos) pole which is decorated with flowers and grass (a mighty symbol of fertilization).
Did I mention that we pretend to be pigs when we do the dance? Funky!

I also plan to get intoxicated and fall asleep somewhere in the woods - at one with nature... (Yes, I'm leaving the city).

And...

"If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid."



Oh well...
Muslimism:
Mecka is south-east and I did morning prayers, and lunch and lunch again…

Hereby I'm also declaring a holy war against Israel and would like to use this time and space to state the following (aimed to the officials of Israel):

According to this holy calendar I follow I am spending today being a muslim. (Benrik - this calendar will change your life) And I've decided to start a holy war against you... my demands is that you end the occupation of Palestine and the oppression of the Palestine people.
Since I haven't got as gun or anything... I'm fighting this war by means of prayer to the great Allah. I pray for him to kill me during this struggle, to prove that I am a really great warrior. (I'm really doing some hard-core-praying). By dying during prayer for a free Palestine it will grant me a place close to him in the afterlife.
Consider yourselves warned! Surrender and I’ll stop! - Until tomorrow when I'm off to explore Judaism.

Allah achba!

p.s. If you have any suggestions for things to do tomorrow please let me know.

No comments: